“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”
This is a quote that is often used. It surely proves itself to be true over and over again as actions speak louder than words. The same mistakes that have been made for eons continually occur, and it confirms that the people who are in leadership and decision making roles are completely unaware, or ignorant, of the consequences of prior events that have been recorded throughout the annals of history.
This site is dedicated to preserving and keeping history alive and up-to-date and sharing as much information as possible.
Yesterday’s news is today’s history.
Obviously, this is a very challenging undertaking and new information is constantly being added.
If you would like to share information you are certainly encouraged to do so, and your contributions will be appreciated by many. Just email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add your information into this site as soon as possible.
Fun With History - People and Facts that are Mostly Unknown or Forgotten
* 5 People You Never Heard Of Who Changed American History
* 7 Other Overlooked Historical Figures who Deserve the Hamilton Treatment
* 10 Forgotten Americans Who Made History
* 10 Women That History Has Forgotten, But We Haven't
* 15 Historical Facts You Never Learned in School
* 15 Interesting People That History Somehow Forgot
* 15 Unsung Moments From American History That Historians Say You Should Know About
* 20 Random Facts in History You Probably Didn't Know
* 25 Moments From American History That Matter Right Now
* 30 Crazy Facts That Will Change Your View of History
* 30 Historical Figures Who Might Not Have Existed
* 40 of the Most Enduring Myths in American History
* 50 Amazing Historical Facts You Never Knew
* 51 Historical Photos You've Probably Never Seen Before
* 55 Interesting History Facts That Will Make You Go Wow
* 55 Interesting History Facts You Won’t Learn Anywhere Else
* 100 History Facts They Didn’t Teach You At School
* Beautiful historic homes in America you can actually visit
* Biographies of the 56 Signers of the Declaration of Independence
History in the News
Get Involved with Local History
The Importance of Local Historic Preservation and Activism
* Historic Preservation: Sustainable and Historic Building Projects
* The Importance of Historic Preservation - Historic and Unique Buildings Give Areas More Prominence
* To Preserve or Demolish a Historic Structure - That is the Question
* Why Local History is Important
* You Too Can Do Good by Getting Involved with Local History
Documenting and Teaching History Fairly and Accurately
* Heart Mountain Foundation teams with educators to teach about little-known American history
* How the Lost Cause narrative came to dominate U.S. history books — and the lingering effects of our miseducation.
* I Asked Historians What Find Made Them Go ‘Wait, Wut?’ Here’s A Taste Of The Hundreds Of Replies
* Our Kids Deserve the Honest Truth About U.S. History
* We have been deprived of learning the true history - Why the fear of teaching true American history?